NOIRLab Logo Explanation
The new logo is based on a design brief and on keywords from the nationalastro.org: community, innovation, ideas, diversity, exchange, creative, development, science and discovery.
- The designers considered how these words relate to NOIRLab and its programs, and how to make these words into imagery.
- The developed logo has numerous meanings:
- The large black half circle can represent a dark sky, black (NOIR), a planet or a black hole.
- The smaller circles that surround it represent community, diversity, ideas, discovery, networking, a galaxy, moons or stars.
- The five colors of the smaller circles represent the five programs within NOIRLab.
- The intention was to create a logo that is both geometric and organic. Both of these styles evoke certain feelings within people, from bold and innovative to friendly and inclusive.
About the Image
|Release date:||July 1, 2020, 8:09 a.m.|
|Size:||3300 x 2550 px|
About the Object