Updated on July 1, 2022, 8:18 am
- Please submit your KPNO Observing Run Preperation (ORP) form six weeks in advance of your observing run.
- Tucson hotel reservations are no longer made by the Kitt Peak Support office staff as of April 1, 1996.
- The number of observers is limited to a maximum of THREE for the 4m, WIYN, and 2.1m telescopes, and TWO for all other telescopes. If you wish to request an exception to the number of observers, OR if you wish to send an observer not listed on the original proposal, please write to the KPNO Director for approval. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KPNO observers should arrange to be at the telescope for instruction by 1:30 pm on the first day of your run.
- Dinner is served in the Kitt Peak Dining Room from 4:30pm-5:45pm.
- Graduate students beginning thesis work should be accompanied by a faculty advisor. Students observing without their advisor should be experienced enough to have no difficulty making the observations. Note: that at WIYN any new non-PhD observers are required to be accompanied. See here: http://www.wiyn.org/Observe/wiynobspolicies.html#newobs
- Please notify us of any change in your travel plans or instrument needs as soon as possible. Questions or other comments can be sent to the general Kitt Peak email address: email@example.com.
- If you need to contact someone at NOIRLab but are uncertain of that person's email address, simply send email to "firstname.lastname@example.org", i.e., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.